- Posted by Joey
- 0 Comments
Deciding to spend the rest of your life with one person is a huge milestone and an engagement proposal is one of the most important moments in a relationship. Oftentimes, you’ve been dreaming of that occasion for much longer than you like to admit. Such a beautiful moment deserves a beautiful locale, so we’ve put together 10 of the top places in Minnesota to propose. Read on for romantic inspiration, and visit us to help seal the deal with the ring your love has been dreaming of his or her whole life.
1. Minnehaha Falls – Whether you spend some time hiking or enjoying a feast of oysters and sea creatures, this park is perfect for enjoying each other’s company. Take a hike next to the impressive falls, or hike a bit further and join the other hundreds of couples who have sealed their love by carving initials into the limestone.
2. Foshay Tower – For anyone looking to impress at a one-stop shop, this is perfect. Swing on in to see the history ‘museum’ and incredible views on the observation deck. Then knock your partner off their feet with a room at the W Hotel, drinks at Prohibition, and an indulgent meal at Manny’s Steakhouse.
3. Stone Arch Bridge – One of Minneapolis’ most popular spots to pop the question, there’s good reason for you to consider it as well. This locale has it all- stunning views of the downtown cityscape, and a mainstreet straight out of a storybook. Use the golden hour of sunset to set the mood and declare your love while bikers, joggers, and walkers all gaze in envy.
4. Endless Bridge at the Guthrie Theatre – If you’re in search of perfect views that are a bit more private, this architectural wonder is worth considering. Wait until the coast is clear and you’ve got a glass room in a shade of yellow that will help cement this moment into your memories.
5. Como Conservatory – Find yourself wandering in this beautiful lush garden of flowers, or staring in wonder at walls of ferns, so find a bench in a beautiful spot and ask the big monumental question.
6. Ice Castles – These castles were built to impress, so what better event than a proposal? Wait until dark when the lights go up and illuminate a glossy and glorious monument to a Minnesota winter for the perfect backdrop.
7. Rice Park Ice Skating – What is Minnesota without at least three months of glistening snowfall? Bundle up and take advantage of the picturesque ice rink in Rice Park. It’s perfect to get cozy and celebrate with a cup of cocoa.
8. Split Rock Lighthouse – Make it a weekend event and head on up to the North. Enjoying beautiful views after a hike through nature, it’ll be easy to find a secluded spot here that’s perfect for just the two of you to celebrate.
9. Marquee at the Varsity Theater – Perhaps you two met while pursuing degrees at the U of M, or maybe over beers somewhere in Dinkytown. Take a stroll down memory lane to reminisce about how you met, and then surprise with a romantic gesture by popping the question in big lit-up letters.
10. State Fair Skyride – This may not be the most romantic or sanitary locale on this list, but if you’re still laughing and in love when you leave millions of people in the swampy August heat, it’s time to lock it in. Wipe the grease from your hands and put a ring on it.