Designer Jewelry Appraisals in Minneapolis & Edina
Scheherazade Jewelers is pleased to offer on-site Appraisal Services with our very own Appraiser holding both GIA Graduate Gemologist (G.G.) and AGS Certified Gemologist Appraiser (C.G.A.) certifications.
As diamond and gold prices continue to fluctuate and precious gemstones get more attention as investments, it’s important to ensure that your appraisals are up to date for all of your insurance needs. The following Appraisal Services are available at Scheherazade Jewelers:
- Replacement Estimates
- Gemstone Identification
- Certificate of Sale (Included for all new purchases made in-store at no additional charge)
What is an Appraisal?
A gem appraisal is a process by which a certified expert inspects your gems and assigns them a value based on their condition, size and quality and the current market.
Why Should I Get My Jewelry Appraised?
There are many reasons to have your jewelry appraised. If you plan on insuring your jewelry against loss or theft, you will need an appraisal. Also, if you ever want to sell or trade your jewelry, an appraisal will help you get a fair price for your gems. Appraisals are also important when handling an estate or trying to identify the gems in a particular jewelry piece.
How Often Do I Need My Jewelry Appraised?
Most people only have their jewelry appraised right after buying it and right before selling it. However, you may want to have your jewelry re-appraised if you believe that your diamond jewelry appraisal is out of date. This can happen when precious metals and gems are rapidly changing at the hands of investors. In order to ensure that your jewelry reflects the current market value, a general rule of thumb is to have your pieces appraised every five years. Further, many insurance companies require appraisals to ensure your jewelry is accurately valued. Regularly appraising your jewelry will ensure that you will receive the full value for your piece if it needs to be replaced.
Scheherazade Jewelers offers a wide range of appraisal services by our GIA Graduate Gemologists and AGS Certified Gemologist Appraiser:
- Insurance – To get a fair estimate of how much insurance you will need to protect your jewelry, you must first know what it is worth. This appraisal document can be used by insurance agents to gain a proper jewelry valuation.
- Replacement Estimates – Often a piece of jewelry is damaged or lost, and you need a replacement. Our replacement estimate will tell you how much you can expect to pay for a full replacement.
- Estate – An estate appraisal can be instrumental in separating and liquidating a person’s estate.
- Liquidation – Liquidation can happen for a wide variety of reasons. With an accurate appraisal, you can get more money out of your jewelry.
- Gemstone Identification – If you are unsure of the value of a piece of jewelry because you do not know the type or origins of the stones, an appraisal will give you answers.
- Certificate of Sale – A certificate of sale is issued when you purchase any new piece of jewelry in-store. This helps ensure that your jewelry contains the type and number of stones that you are paying for.
Selecting A Qualified Jewelry Appraiser
You should always look for a qualified jewelry appraiser to handle your jewelry. A qualified appraiser will hold certificates from the GIA and AGS. If you are searching for jewelry appraisal in Edina, MN, we invite you to stop by Scheherazade Jewelry store in Minnesota, located in the Galleria, and speak to one of our jewelry experts today.