- Posted by admin
- 0 Comments
Your wedding day is one of the most significant, joyous, and magnificent days of your life, made up of moments that you will want to cherish forever. Therefore, selecting a unique wedding band that reminds you of the happiness of your special day is very important. With this in mind, Scheherazade Jewelers comprised a list of tips to help you choose the perfect wedding band:
1. Choosing a wedding band starts when selecting an engagement ring
When your relationship reaches a point where you’re imagining the right engagement ring, there’s one very important question that is often overlooked: will there be a wedding band worn beside this? The style of the engagement ring can change the way a band will sit beside it. For example, if you plan to remove your engagement ring for work or travel and wear only your wedding band, a band that wraps alongside a curvy engagement ring might look out of place alone. Matching perfectly isn’t for everybody, but for those who want to ensure the diamonds match flawlessly and patterns align precisely, our experts recommend purchasing a bridal set where the two rings are created to match.
2. Set a Budget
To begin your life together with the maximum amount of happiness possible, considering your budget is very appropriate. The purchase of an engagement ring, orchestrating a wedding, possibly buying a home, knowing what you’re comfortable spending allows you to focus on the memories you’re making. Your wedding bands are a long term investment and many wedding planners recommend setting aside approximately three percent of your total wedding budget for wedding bands. Though if you find something you treasure, it’s OK to give yourself some leeway.
3. Quality of Rings Matter
Because your wedding band is a symbol of your undying love, we at Scheherazade Jewelers understand that it should be designed to last. Our local and internationally renowned designers share our commitment to quality and impeccable craftsmanship.
- Ring construction: High quality, artfully made rings should amaze you with a combination of comfort and elegant details. While these sturdy rings weigh and cost more, they can last a lifetime (or several) with the proper upkeep and care. Lightweight rings will save you money initially, but will likely wear out beyond repair eventually.
- Diamond cut, color, and clarity: A diamond has one job – to sparkle. The cut and clarity of a diamond is a measure of how well it can do its job once it enters the world of hand creams and everyday life. Brilliant cut diamond shapes such as round and cushion can be more forgiving of minor inclusions than diamonds with fewer facets like the emerald cut. When pairing a diamond wedding band with a diamond engagement ring, matching the color and clarity can help ensure your chosen set looks like a set.
- Setting style: How diamonds and gemstones are set into a ring can greatly affect how they wear and what sort of maintenance they will require. Styles such as channel, bezel and burnished stones set the gem below the surface of the metal creating a flush surface that is easy to wear. These designs usually require less maintenance but have more metal visible. Prong set and pave bands tend to be more sparkly, often facing up nothing but diamonds. The size and number of prongs holding the diamonds into the ring are relevant to future repairs such as re-tipping and loose or falling out of diamonds.
4. Precious metals: Gold or Platinum?
There is more to this decision than what color the ring will be. Understanding the characteristics, properties and pro’s and con’s of each metal can help you understand how your ring will wear over the years.
- Gold: All gold starts as pure 24 karats (24k) yellow gold. In gold jewelry, however, we find a beautiful variety of colors including yellow, white, rose or pink, green and even grey. This fantastic palette is created by mixing pure gold with alloy metals such as zinc, copper, nickel and silver. A soft and malleable metal by nature, gold jewelry also gains strength from its alloys. While 24k and 22k jewelry is made and worn in cultures around the world, most European and American jewelry designs fare better with the harder 18k or even 14k gold.
- Best shine and scratch resistance -Not hypoallergenic
- Affordable -White gold needs rhodium plating -Traditional occasionally to maintain the white color
- Variety of options -Wears down over time
- Platinum: Platinum is the most luxurious and rarest of the precious metals with nearly ten times less being mined per year than gold. Though it’s denser, heavier and more durable than it’s the golden counterpart, pure platinum is also too soft to be used in most jewelry designs. To add strength, the naturally silvery-white metal is mixed with alloy metals such as iridium, palladium, cobalt, and ruthenium.
- Hypoallergenic and tarnish resistant -Scratches easily
- Naturally white, no plating needed -Most expensive precious metal
- Minimum 90% purity
- Long lasting, doesn’t wear away
5. Express Yourself and Emphasize Uniqueness
The perfect wedding ring is one that reflects who you are and brings a smile to your face every time you see it. Don’t pressure yourself to choose a single ring style instantly; instead, take your time and be inspired by different designs before making a final decision. At Scheherazade Jewelers, we know how important this moment is, and we’re happy to help you discover the perfect style for you and your partner.
- Bold: Lustrous platinum and brilliant diamonds wow onlookers with powerful, sweeping curves that stand out anywhere.
- Artistic: Innovative and somewhat playful, these outside-the-box designs may mix materials in exotic patterns, use enthralling geometric shapes or transform the ring into a work of art.
- Minimalist: Sleek edges and smooth contours, with or without the addition of diamonds, are always stunning.
- Chic: Express your love of all things French and fashionable with luxurious pavé diamonds and brilliant gold surfaces.
- Classic: Tailored looks, beautiful but simple, serve as a standard of excellence. These timeless and enduring designs will never go out of style.
- Vintage: Our expert jewelers are happy to make needed adjustments to family heirloom pieces to make them your own. We also have an incredible collection of estate jewelry.
If a one-of-a-kind, the custom created ring is your desire, our talented designers will work with you to create a ring that represents your personality or matches your partner’s dreams completely. From chic wedding bands with a strong sense of fashion to vintage pieces created using an existing family heirloom, no request is too simple or complex.
Expert Advice That Is Worth Its Weight in Gold
At Scheherazade Jewelers, our friendly ring experts take the time to guide you through the selection process while answering your questions in detail. Please visit us in person at our Edina location in the Galleria, or contact us for additional assistance selecting wedding bands in Minnesota.